Friday, March 01, 2013

Ranking Rilo Kiley

by Jay Allbritton
Warren Miller over at Stereogum has a nice overview of Rilo Kiley's career, including a top 10 list of RK songs. While my list differs from his, I am very impressed at his understanding of such a widely misunderstood band.

Here's my list, off the top of my head:

10. Science vs. Romance
9. Pictures of Success
8. Does He Love You?
7. Jenny You’re Barely Alive
6. With Arms Outstretched
5. Ripchord
4. The Absence of God
3. A Man/Me/Then Jim
2. The Good That Won't Come Out
1. A Better Son/Daughter

Here's one that's not on the list, but is getting played nonstop on my iPod. It's a live version of an absolute gem called "Room 8" that the band never recorded.

No comments:

Archive

Antique walrus print courtesy of FineRarePrints.Com