Friday, July 13, 2012

Year Of Mourning For Rilo Kiley Ends

by Hector Diego


Like Beatles people back in the 1970s, the dedicated staff at The Walrus Speaks will continue to hope that Rilo Kiley will get back together, but for now we are taking guitarist Blake Sennett's declaration that the band is finished. The Walrus Speaks has been observing a year long period of mourning for the band.

For the finale of our year of mourning I am posting "The Good That Won't Come Out" because it is the Rilo Kiley song that started it all for me. The Station Agent made this video several years ago, while a cat and I watched. This one's for you, Jayman.

2 comments:

Jay Allbritton said...

That was a fast year, my friend. I predict a resurgence. Imminent.

Hector Diego said...

We can pray. Contrary to Jim Morrison's infamous statement, I believe that we can and should 'petition the Lord with prayer.' Dear God, give us more Rilo Kiley, please!

Archive

Antique walrus print courtesy of FineRarePrints.Com