Wednesday, June 27, 2012

John Lennon - I'm In Love

by Hector Diego

I don't bother posting unfinished and unreleased songs by almost any artist, but the Beatles are an exception. I don't usually post theirs either, but I think Lennon's "I'm In Love" had potential that was never realized. I don't know when this demo was recorded, but I can hear it in my mind's ear polished up and produced very nicely for Double Fantasy. Lennon always had a desire to get back to his roots. McCartney hauled "When  I'm Sixty-Four" out of his backlog of compositions from the late 1950's and released it in 1967, so I don't see why not. 

Anyway, it would be nice if someone were to take "I'm In Love" and record it with a great band. That someone would be Julian or Sean, but they have never listened to me. 

No comments:

Archive

Antique walrus print courtesy of FineRarePrints.Com