Thursday, June 30, 2011
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Monday, June 27, 2011
In this clip he talks to John and Yoko about the demise of the Beatles.
This video begins the story of Maharaja Parikshit, the son of Arjuna installed upon the throne when the Pandavas left for the Himalayas to conclude their earthly career. Parikshit gives shelter to Kali Yuga personified, who now resides in whore houses, bars, etc., and wherever there is gold. Also in cities.
I like how Hinduism personifies the ages of cyclic time. Can any of us deny we have seen Kali Yuga face to face?
The Cro-Mags were one of the founding bands of the hard-core punk genre. And they were Hare Krishna devotees, singing about their beliefs. You can't tell what they are singing, of course, but I suppose the lyrics were printed somewhere?
This one is cute.
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Saturday, June 25, 2011
Friday, June 24, 2011
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
He certainly looks like he's in pain!
"Earlier this month, Verone (pictured), a 59-year-old convenience store clerk, walked into a Gaston, N.C., bank and handed the cashier a note demanding $1 and medical attention. Then he waited calmly for police to show up.
"He's now in jail and has an appointment with a doctor this week."
I had to post this to make sure everyone who did not see it on Yahoo, did. What sort of country are we living in, anyway? REPEAL Obamacare? I don't think so. It's bad enough the man would have to wait a few more years for it to kick in. I want to know WHAT the Republicans could say to address Verone's need. More trickle down bullshit, I am sure...
So you think every cop is a gung-ho drug warrior, right? Wrong, so wrong! Many of these guys are just doing their job and would prefer they did not have to mess with people and their drugs, especially cannabis. It is a shame that such fine people, who risk their lives every day in the service of their communities, have to prostitute themselves to the moneyed interests behind the phony drug war.
Some cops have organized to stop the stupid drug war. Read the article.
Monday, June 20, 2011
In an attempt to pass on my experience in the growing realm of the comedy podcast, I have written an e-book called The Listener's Guide to Comedy Podcasts. The guide includes profiles of and links to more than fifty of the funniest comedy podcasts.
If you are trapped in office hell and would like a laugh or two, try out shows featuring the comedic genius of Ricky Gevais, Adam Carolla, Marc Maron, Jimmy Pardo, Doug Benson, Scott Auckerman and dozens more.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Kinda looks like shit, doesn't it?
No kidding. Researchers in Japan have made crap into something edible. I feel this is a very significant development for the cause of vegetarianism. By the way, the picture above is ordinary meat. What does it look like to you?
Friday, June 17, 2011
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Monday, June 13, 2011
McCartney messing around in the studio, and Martin interrupting him.
It is hard to hear Old Mac's voice break like the wings of the Blackbird, but we all get old. Oh yes. But it is great to hear Paul singing in Russia. At one time, that was not allowed...
Here's the version from the White Album, aka The Beatles.
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Friday, June 10, 2011
Every time I visit the Station Agent, conversing for hours and hours in a hard-backed chair across a small table in his sparsely furnished garret, I am reminded of the 1981 film My Dinner With Andre. The film, like our conversation, would bore a child to tears. But this is not a bad thing. I never feel more like an adult than when I put my hat back on my head and venture out in the Florida heat and return to my own hovel and try to write. Sometimes, I actually get some writing done. The Station Agent is a writer too. What happens to him when My Conversation With Jay is concluded, I have no idea. Maybe, just maybe, he gets some writing done as well.
Jason Dohring, the actor who plays Veronica's on-and-off love interest, Logan Echolls, is one of the many surprisingly talented young actors cast in this series. A fan of the show put together a montage, skillfully set to TWS house band Rilo Kiley's bipolar anthem "A Better Son/Daughter," of the Echolls/Mars storyline.
Thursday, June 09, 2011
Wednesday, June 08, 2011
Tuesday, June 07, 2011
Monday, June 06, 2011
Sunday, June 05, 2011
Saturday, June 04, 2011
This morning Daughter #2 is taking her SAT. I know she'll ace it and do the same in college. Where does the time go?
I went to Daughter #3's graduation from middle school yesterday. She was chosen to give a speech. Like thousands of schools throughout the country, Israel Kamakawiwo-Ole and Jack White provided music at the conclusion of the ceremony. These two songs are calculated to draw tears. Of course, there were plenty of eyes that were not dry.
Everyone has dreams. When we are older some of them have been fulfilled, and we also realize that some never will be. That is life. But we wish the best for those who follow us.
Best wishes to the class of 2011.
Friday, June 03, 2011
Thursday, June 02, 2011
Peter Shumlin--a man with a clue
Read the article.
- ► 2013 (193)
- ► 2012 (1234)
- The Pretenders--I'll stand by you
- Bee Gees - I Started A Joke
- Peter, Bjorn, and John with Victoria Bergsman - Yo...
- John Coltrane And Miles Davis - So What
- Pete Holmes Ruined by Google on His Phone
- Jenny and Johnny--Next Messiah
- Tristen - Baby Drugs
- Jimi Hendrix Talks to Dick Cavett
- Tom Petty--American Girl
- Tristen--Eager For Your Love
- Lennon and Ono on Dick Cavett
- Morgan Nagler--Time Will Welcome Anything
- System of a Down--Prison Song
- The Kali Yuga
- Rilo Kiley Megamix
- Jenny Lewis--Trying My Best to Love You
- George Watsky's Speed Rap
- Jimi Hendrix--House of the Rising Sun
- Tapes 'n Tapes--Freak Out
- Sugar--If I Can't Change Your Mind
- Aimee Mann--Deathly
- Please Please Me
- Christopher Cross, Michael McDonald, and The Roots...
- The Elected--Who Are You
- Clem Snide--Moment in the Sun
- Best Youth--Hang Out
- Moody Blues - Are You Sitting Comfortably
- Johnny Cash - What Is Truth
- Joni Mitchell - Both Sides Now
- Richie Havens At Woodstock - Freedom
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
- Paul Stookey - There Is Love
- Rilo Kiley--Paints Peeling
- Rilo Kiley--Go Ahead
- Jenny and Johnny--Just One of the Guys
- The Real Intentions Of The GOP
- Man Robs One Dollar To See A Doctor
- Jane's Addiction--Summertime Rolls
- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
- Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne... etc. – While My Guitar Ge...
- The Listener's Guide to Comedy Podcasts
- Thao and Mirah--How Dare You
- Obama Impersonator Shown The Door At Republican Pa...
- Beach Boys - Don't Worry Baby
- The Elected--Who Are You
- Steak Made From Human Excrement In Japan
- Rage Against the Machine--Killing in The Name
- 35 People Playing Radiohead's "Paranoid Android"
- Henry Clay People--Working Part Time
- Henry Clay People--Living in Debt
- Florence and the Machine--Howl
- Givers--Up, Up, Up
- So You're Telling Me There's a Chance
- George Harrison - Stuck Inside A Cloud
- Adele - Rolling In The Deep
- Owl Eyes--Pumped Up Kicks
- Laura Marling--Night After Night
- The Mountain Goats--Birth Of Serpents
- New Beatles Photos
- Paul McCartney - Blackbird
- Nirvana--The Man Who Sold the World
- Saturday Morning Cartoon
- Rilo Kiley--Execution of All Things, It's a Hit
- My Dinner With Andre - Part One
- Rilo Kiley--A Better Son/Daughter
- Rilo Kiley--Absence Of God
- Black Crowes--Midnight From the Inside Out
- John Lennon - Watching The Wheels
- John Lennon - Instant Karma
- Bruce Springsteen--My Hometown
- Foo Fighters--Best Of You
- Agnes Obel--Riverside (official)
- Across The Universe
- The Blow--Peaceful, Easy Feeling
- Happy Ferris Bueller Day
- Florence Welch--Not Fade Away
- Pearl Jam--Let My Love Open the Door
- 2011 Graduation
- Pearl Jam--Corduroy
- Living Colour--Love Rears Its Ugly Head
- Slow Club--Trophy Room
- Merlin's Magic - The Heart Of Reiki
- Stevie Ray Vaughn--Voodoo Chile
- Peter Shumlin Wins TWS Governors Award
- Cults--You Know What I Mean
- Jenny Lewis - Pretty Bird
- ▼ June 2011 (90)
- ► 2010 (1000)
- ► 2009 (1199)
- ► 2008 (1992)
- ► 2007 (2122)
Antique walrus print courtesy of FineRarePrints.Com