Monday, May 31, 2010
Are you offended by this picture?
Sunday, May 30, 2010
One picture is worth 1,000 words
That's right, folks, Jenny Lewis and boyfriend Jonathan Rice are cooking up an album together. Can't wait to hear it. And Rilo Kiley is putting together an album of B sides and rarities. Yummy!
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Oaksterdam University, with its main campus in Oakland, California, is the first education facility for the study of marijuana in the U.S. Here's some music you can listen to while perusing their website.
Friday, May 28, 2010
Mr. Donald Glover:
|Donald Glover - Talk About Penises|
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
I get a lot of messages from people who feel the need to emphasize that they liked me "before Juno". I get a lot of people insulting the fans who only heard of me from Juno. And I get a surprisingly large amount of people asking me if it annoys me that there are all these new "fake fans" because of Juno. I decided to respond to this issue, as I respond to most issues, in musical form. Here's the live debut of "Check Your Snob at The Door" by my soft-rap persona Rerun Rainbowmagnets Steinway...
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Saturday, May 22, 2010
When the Station Agent posts the song "Alameda" by Elliot Smith, I always feel inspired to post a picture of The City, as they call it in Northern California, from Alameda.
I long for The City.
Friday, May 21, 2010
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Monday, May 17, 2010
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Friday, May 14, 2010
Creative Sceenwriting Magazine's Jeff Goldsmith interviews Lost writer-producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz about the show's writing process.
The podcast was recorded after the 4th season, so as long as your caught up through Season 4, this is spoiler free.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
When the Beatles went to Hrishikesh, India, John Lennon believed a rumor that the guru Maharishi had made advances to a young woman at his ashrama. Whether or not this was true, Lennon--always looking for "the answer"--left India in disgust, and wrote this song. Sadie is Maharishi.
Doesn't seem very sexy to me.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Conover is an ideal match as interviewer because he too spent a year in the prison system as a writer who goes undercover as a CO at New York's Sing Sing prison, resulting in Conover's 2000 classic Newjack: Guarding Sing Sing.
Monday, May 10, 2010
I wonder how the party of no will play their hand in the impending SCOTUS appointment. Senator Leahy thinks they will make fools of themselves.
Read the article.
Sunday, May 09, 2010
1) These guys were just diabolically good.
2) This is one wicked pop song.
3) Lists are awesome.
4) Have these guys heard what NWA says about them?
Saturday, May 08, 2010
Safer than alcohol? Moms For Marijuana say it is. That's their first point--the world would be a better place if people took more ganja and less alcohol. If you do not agree with this it must be because you have not studied the issue, or you have an unreasonable cultural prejudice that is blinding you to the truth. Would you really rather share the road with drunkards instead of stoners? I think not.
The Walrus Speaks never recommends the use of any mind altering substance, but we just have to speak out against the legal suppression of something that could help today's world.
Read the article.
Happy Mother's Day.
Friday, May 07, 2010
Thursday, May 06, 2010
Wednesday, May 05, 2010
My question for the Station Agent is, which one of these contestants should move on to the next round of the never ending Walrus Talent Contest?
That's KTWS Radio--www.thewalrusspeaks.blogspot.com on your cyber radio dial.
Seriously, friends, is this the face of modern American conservatism? Joe the Plumber? The dude won some sort of minor election in Ohio. Here's an excerpt from AP.
He drew cheers at a tea party rally last month in Cincinnati when he told the crowd not to let "a bunch of liberal pansies" take away their rights.
"Illegal immigration?" he said. "Put a fence up and start shooting."
Wurzelbacher has never been shy about sharing his views even if they open him up to critics.
He told Christianity Today in an interview last year that he believes gays are "queer" and said he won't allow them near his children.Read the article.
Tuesday, May 04, 2010
By the way something, George Will might be interested in the fact that in the wake of Sulley's heroic ditch in the Hudson, airports have developed technology to avert birdstrike and that technology seems like it would be adaptable to wind farms.
Speaking of birdstrike, here's Eddie Izzard's classic 1996 bit on the subject:
Monday, May 03, 2010
Hu Jintao, President of the People's Republic of China
PARIS (AFP) – Media watchdog Reporters Without Borders named Monday the world's 40 worst "predators of the press" including politicians, religious leaders and militias to mark World Press Freedom Day.
It's not just dictators of banana republics doing this, it's also happening in China. So watch out.
Read the article.
Sunday, May 02, 2010
In this scene, a convenient supply of deviled eggs comes in handy when a revolutionary act is called for.
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (1234)
- ► 2011 (1028)
- Dennis Hopper in Apocalypse Now
- Facebook Caves In To Pakistan
- Krishna Das - Kali Durge
- Shakti De Ma
- Jack vs. Locke Lost Climax, Jedi-Style
- Lost Re-Watch--The Opening of Season 3
- She & Him--Change
- Jenny And Johnny
- Jenny Lewis--Carpetbaggers
- Dennis Hopper, American Artist
- Oaksterdam University
- California Marijuana Workers Unionize
- Regina Spektor--Fidelity
- Jenny Lewis--Pretty Bird
- Donald Glover--Vampires Have Got to Go
- Jenny Lewis on Spectacle
- Beatles LP Countdown - Helter Skelter
- Rilo Kiley - Silver Lining
- Jenny Lewis--Happy
- In Another Life, Bruthah
- Kimya Dawson--Check Your Snob at The Door
- The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Quicksilver - Don't Cry My Lady Love
- Introduction to The Wheel of Time
- Shiva And Manitou
- I Don't Know How To Love Him
- Tony Bennett - I Left My Heart In San Francisco
- Scott McKenzie - San Francisco
- Elliott Smith--Alameda
- Gaurangi - Shyam
- Prayers To The Six Gosvamis
- Thao Nguyen--Body
- Quicksilver - Hope
- Balthrop, Alabama--You Used to Love Me So
- Rilo Kiley--With Arms Outstretched
- And Now... The arthroPod
- Tegan and Sara--I Know I Know I Know
- Rilo Kiley--I Love LA
- All You Need Is Love
- The Making of Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson'...
- She Loves You
- Rolling Stones - Gomper
- Frightened Rabbit--Swim Until You Can't See Land
- Creative Sreenwriting Magazine Podcast Goes Inside...
- James McMurtry--We Can't Make It Here
- Beatles LP Countdown - Sexy Sadie
- Tim Tebow Is Now A Denver Bronco
- The Tallest Man on Earth--Tunnel Vision
- Writers on the Inside
- Would The Republicans Oppose This Man For A SCOTUS...
- Sheryl Crow
- The Police--Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
- Marijuana Mother's Day
- Amy MacDonald--Dancing In The Dark
- Pearl Jam--Alive
- Traveling Wilburys - Handle With Care
- Tom Petty - Runnin' Down A Dream
- Jenny Lewis And The Watson Twins --Acid Tongue (Lo...
- KTWS Talent Contest - Acid Tongue
- Would You Vote For Joe The Plumber?
- The Boondocks
- Beatles LP Countdown - Mother Nature's Son
- George Will, Defender of Birds Everywhere
- Serena Ryder - All For Love
- Kent State 40 Years Ago Today
- Incubus--Deep Inside
- Rulers That Prey On Journalists
- Gilmore Girls--The Deviled Egging
- Good Will Hunting--I'm Holding Out for Something B...
- Bob Dylan - Love Minus Zero/No Limit
- ▼ May 2010 (72)
- ► 2009 (1199)
- ► 2008 (1992)
- ► 2007 (2122)
Antique walrus print courtesy of FineRarePrints.Com