Thursday, November 23, 2006
by Hector Diego
Thanksgiving is a huge holiday in America, but people should realize that thanksgiving rituals and holidays are common the world over in various religions and cultures. You don't have to believe in God to take stock of your situation and feel thankful for what you have. It never killed anyone to count his or her blessings...for things could always get worse.
I really love this holiday, and to make it better, I give the turkey a reprieve. Upon request I will supply anyone with my wife's famous Tofu Turkey recipe. The struggling Puritans in 17th century America were well within their rights and general decency to eat the animals in their midst, but one wonders why such a rich nation, at this time, persists in such a habit. Thoughtlessness, perhaps?
What is the use of all this wealth if it does not lead to compassion for all life?
Please don't embarrass yourself with the "plants have life too" argument, unless you are also prepared to face humiliation in a debate, and I warn you, I've been studying this debate since 1974.
But let's inject some warm and loving sentiments here. It's a good day for it. In one sense all you need is love...unless you have a better idea.
I love all of my carnivorous friends, and I thank them for their tolerance of my strange ideas.
at 1:12 PM
- ► 2013 (193)
- ► 2012 (1234)
- ► 2011 (1028)
- ► 2010 (1000)
- ► 2009 (1199)
- ► 2008 (1992)
- ► 2007 (2122)
- Left, Right, or Center...still Watching the Wheels...
- A Look at Love.
- CHAPMAN STAYS IN JAIL
- RILO KILEY---EXECUTION OF ALL THINGS
- Elton John---Rocket Man
- David Bowie---Ground Control to Major Tom
- "I love the smell of naplam in the morning..."
- Once Again, We're On the Eve of Destruction
- There Must be Some Kind of Way Outta Here
- Donovan---Season of the Witch, Hurdy Gurdy Man
- THREE PIECES BY BEATLEMANIA
- "Something from a bit left-field on the album..."
- Ken Burns' Civil War Theme Music, Ashokan Lament
- I'M SO TIRED
- Bee Gees---I Started A Joke
- I SAW HER STANDING THERE
- Capitalism Has Officially Jumped the Shark
- LED ZEPPELIN---WHOLE LOTTA LOVE
- The Insanity Pepper
- An American Artist, Nat King Cole (1919---1965)
- I'm Only Sleeping by John W. Lennon.
- GRATEFUL DEAD---FRIEND OF THE DEVIL
- Best. List. Ever.
- American Artist---Louis Armstrong (1901-1971)
- THE WHO---BORIS THE SPIDER
- John Lennon---Come Together
- KENNEDY'S INAUGURATION SPEECH
- PAUL McCARTNEY---THE SPACE WITHIN US
- Are we simply two-legged animals?
- Hey Man, Get the Door...
- President Obama, 2008?
- God Only Knows---Dedicated to Station Agent
- FOR NO ONE
- Cyndi Lauper---Time After Time
- New Evidence Implicates CIA in RFK Assassination
- Real Thanksgiving Music--All You Need Is Love.
- WOODY GUTHRIE---BUFFALO SKINNERS
- GEORGE HARRISON---I, ME, MINE
- The Seekers---I'll Never Find Another You
- DAWKINS IS NO FRIEND OF FREEDOM
- The Clash - "Clampdown" and "Police on My Back"
- Always Room For Jello Biafra
- She's Leaving Home
- Hoser Music---Creedence Clearwater Revival
- DUANE EDDY---PETER GUNN
- Within You, Without You
- Totally Unacceptable
- JOHN LENNON---OH MY LOVE
- A Professor's Daymare...
- Here, There, and Everywhere
- St. Joan of California---Diamonds and Rust
- Say it Ain't So, Cosmo
- JENNY, YOU'RE BARELY ALIVE
- An American Artist---Karen Carpenter (1950---1983)...
- Teacher Taped Preaching to Class
- BIG BAD JOHN
- CARRY THAT WEIGHT
- Jefferson Airplane---Pretty As You Feel
- You look like a fool to me...
- "WE SWEAR IT ON YOUR GRAVE!"
- Ken Wilber on Descartes
- Simon and Garfunkel---The Boxer.
- Rumsfeld rolls up.
- ALVIN LEE---I'M GOING HOME
- I Never, Never, Never, Never...
- Johnny Winter---Highway 61
- It's A Beautiful Day---White Bird
- Beatles outtakes.
- Behold, the Haka
- JACKSON FIVE---I'LL BE THERE
- Norwegian Wood.
- No Empire, No Longer...
- Led Zeppelin---Dazed and Confused
- Kula Shaker---You'll Be Grateful When You're Dead
- Is Love Real?
- Dedicated to the Pondering Pig---Sweet Sir Galahad...
- STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER
- Double Shot of the Black Crowes
- Christians United For Israel
- THE MONKEES---DAYDREAM BELIEVER
- IT DON'T COME EASY.
- For George People...
- Introducing: Shout Out Out Out
- Digital avatars...what's next? The holodeck?
- The Dream Memorial
- THE BAND---THE WEIGHT
- Unreleased studio version of Lennon doing God.
- Nowhere Man
- THE LONG AND WINDING ROAD, NAKED
- THE LONG AND WINDING ROAD
- There Are No Bad Words for the Coast Today...
- Unexpected New Stats on Evangelicals
- THE RISE OF INDIA
- For Deadheads only---Las Vegas June 6, 1994
- John and his woman.
- I'm on a roll here with RFK...
- ABRAHAM, MARTIN, AND JOHN
- The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- ARE ALL RELIGIONS THE SAME?
- Re: Leo: "All truths depend on the need to lie."...
- Leo: "All truths depend on the need to lie."
- My name is Luka, and your dance genre sucks.
- Yellow Submarine.
- LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS.
- President-Elect Reagan on Lennon's Assassination a...
- Joan Baez---Joe Hill
- Sponge Bong Hemp Pants
- DEDICATED TO THE STATION AGENT...
- American Artist---Elvis Aaron Presley (1935---1977...
- GET BACK--TO A CLEAN ELECTION SYSTEM
- George Harrison---Isn't It A Pity?
- BONS TEMPOS---BEATLES COVERS, A+
- Election 2006--A Response to Greed
- More rare Beatles, pre-1964, Deutschland
- AMERICAN ARTIST---HANK WILLIAMS, 1923-1953
- Gone Daddy Gone
- THE POPE SMOKES DOPE
- WATCHING THE WHEELS.
- Better Son/Daughter
- Just Like Starting Over
- Help! in black and white.
- Wiccan beauty.
- Will someone please give this man some truth?
- Paul McCartney---the guy all the girls loved.
- FREE AS A BEATLE---HELP
- Rare Beatles Stuff.
- Colbert on Love
- John and the Gumper.
- Something and the Beatles' women.
- The Walrus Speaks is three months old.
- Mull of Kintyre
- Tax Man
- ▼ November 2006 (137)
Antique walrus print courtesy of FineRarePrints.Com