In human history there are certain watershed moments that must forever be remembered and discussed. Some of these moments should be cherished. The bombing of Liverpool on October 9, 1940, which produced the defining musical and social voice of the 20th century, should be kept close to our hearts and minds for the dichotomy it was: John Winston Lennon, prophet of peace, was born in the midst of terrible violence. Ironically, he went out by the same door he came in. But we will begin his mission again and again, and not rest until his vision has been fulfilled.
It is at the beginning, then, that we dedicate this blog to Lennon and his dream of peace and social justice for all. The Walrus Speaks will engage Beatles people in the thoughts of a higher reality, drenched in sparkling fun and pleasant memories (what to speak of melodies): "Just picture yourself in a boat on a river, with tangerine trees, and marmalade skies..."
Fortified by this reverie, let us work for a better world, a world that lives as one. And while we are working for this world, let us always IMAGINE.
--Hector Diego, August 1, 2006.
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (1234)
- ► 2011 (1028)
- ► 2010 (1000)
- ► 2009 (1199)
- ► 2008 (1992)
- ► 2007 (2122)
- America's own Bob Dylan.
- The Beatles World.
- For Beatles People Only.
- Jenny Lewis on London Live
- Anti-Drug Ads Lead to Drug Use
- Ben and Jerry's: A Social Conscience? Paul would ...
- Zizek on Late Capitalism
- John Lennon - Imagine (Live)
- Spectacular Views.
- Waking Life - Free Will
- P. and I, continued.
- All the Lonely People...
- Remembering Katrina--Bush, Brownie, Barbara, Kanye...
- Give it to me baby.
- Good stuff from Abbey Road...
- We're not advocating anything here, but this IS an...
- Where is your tax money being spent?
- Eddie Izzard on Religion
- Impact: End War
- My sister P and I email about the Beatles.
- Gimme Some Truth
- Elton John Looks to Launch Another Notable Collabo...
- Paul On LSD... On the subject of LSD, I mean.
- At long last...music to my ears. Click on it.
- "WAR IS OVER, IF YOU WANT IT."
- What's Going On?
- Documentary, About a Son, Sheds Light on Cobain Fe...
- The Beatles Grow Up.
- ALL THE NEWS ABOUT THE BEATLES THAT'S FIT TO PRINT...
- Beatles Webcam Busts Hooligans in Liverpool
- Where were you the first time you heard the Beatle...
- Station Agent Right On Target
- The Vietnam War Slides Down the Memory Hole
- Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit Video
- Another reason for one more Beatles blog: the kid....
- Harrison believed in experience...
- The Definition of Atheism According to the Oxford ...
- Rilo Kiley - Radio Appearence
- Imagine that you can imagine...keep imagining...
- John Mark the New Mark David?
- Click here to Come Together with JPGR.
- Why Not Beatles Park?
- John Lennon Interview; Beatles' Cartoon
- Brian Wilson Reunites with the Beach Boys
- Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words...
- You Know It's What You Need!
- Helen Shapiro
- So You Think Faith Based Services Are A Good Idea?...
- Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young; Freedom of Speech ...
- How Would You Feel If You Were A Veal?
- You wake up in hell. You know you are there becau...
- Across the Universe in an Alternate Reality
- Mark Twain on the Middle East
- It's up to us.
- John Lennon - Working Class Hero
- Happy Janmashtami, Sriman George Harrison...wherev...
- "I was The Walrus...the dream is over." And love ...
- Station Agent's Birthday Playlist
- With Arms Outstretched
- Happy Birthday Station Master, Jayman, Fuseman. Th...
- The History of Rilo Kiley.
- I Hope Hector Diego Will Remember, A Southern Man ...
- Ascetic compared to what?
- Communism is Just a Red Herring
- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip Starts With a Politi...
- My eight year old asks, "Is that Rilo Kiley?"
- Social Activist, Sir Paul McCartney
- Station Agent Speaks With Forked Tongue
- Flaming Socialist? Nah, Call Me the Flaming Jeffe...
- Woody Guthrie and The American Dream
- How To Break A Band and a Band That Deserves to Be...
- Why Another Beatles Blog?
- Jayson Blair, Wolf Blitzer and the Ugly World of N...
- God's Favorite Rock and Roll Band I found an inte...
- FASCINATION In college they always tell you to wr...
- The Return of Frances Bean
- A Beatle Remembered In the history of Rolling Sto...
- Why are the Beatles not allowed? Needful to say, i...
- Triple Shot of Rilo Kiley
- Howard Zinn and Justo187 at Deviant Art
- Slightly Bittersweet, and Full of Goodness Friend...
- HERE COMES THE SUN Salutations, Beatles people: t...
- ▼ August 2006 (88)
Antique walrus print courtesy of FineRarePrints.Com